The Matthew Troyan Foundation for the Visual Arts is a non-profit organized to provide scholarships to students who best represent the same outlook on life as the artist Matthew Troyan, who, in the midst of the worst atrocities of the 20th century, was able to rise above all of the horrors and challenges facing him to create beauty in his art. The foundation creates annual scholarships for art students that represent that mastery of Troyan as an artist, but also share the internal motivation and the spiritual approach to art that Troyan reflected. Our recipients are often students who have overcome significant obstacles in their lives.
The purposes of this foundation are as follows:
1. To create 4 annual scholarships for art students preferably in graduate programs, but in some rare instances for undergraduate students, in the United States that represent not only the mastery of Troyan as an artist but also share the internal motivation and the spiritual approach to art that Matthew had; most especially looking for those students that overcame significant obstacles in their lives to continue on the path to produce a meaningful piece of art for the public through education.
2. To educate the public as to the life and times of Troyan and what led him to produce the art he did. This will be accomplished by establishing a lecture series to be held at public libraries, universities, corporations, and to create written materials to be distributed by the foundation. In conjunction with this, internships, for art history students in accredited graduate programs will be created to provide the manpower necessary to create a strong educational program.
3. To organize and conduct a worldwide tour that would bring Troyan’s works of art to major world museums and universities. A group from Copenhagen, the award winning UEG Adm., winner of the museums heritage award has indicated, through their CEO, Teit Ritzau, that they would be honored to head up the travelling worldwide exhibit of Troyan and have outlined a 1 to 5 year program to make Troyan world-renowned as a master artist.
4. To produce a docudrama of Troyan’s life for public viewing to further bring about an understanding of the person and the artist, Matthew Troyan. To make this possible it will necessitate the hiring of an accomplished screenplay writer to transform the monograph written about Troyan to an acceptable script for the movie industry. From that point it will become necessary to fund both the casting and the shooting of the film and then to establish a working distribution group to get the film to public viewing.
5. To conduct fundraising events that will raise money that is necessary to carry out the mission and goals stated above for the foundation.
Contact Circa Something Gallery to find out more about the Matthew Troyan Foundation for the Visual Arts and the life of this wonderful man. His artwork can be found here at Circa Something Gallery.